Position Title: Safety Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Safety Date: 2021
Reports to: Director of Safety and Risk Management Location: Westminster, CO
Wage Range: $60,000 – $85,000 annually
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, AD&D, PTO, Employee Assistance Program, additional optional insurances
MTech Mechanical is a leading mechanical design/build contractor in Colorado, and the majority of our project procurement is negotiated in a design assist/build arrangement. MTech’s culture is centered around our commitment to innovation, our support of our internal teams, our integrated project approach, and our long-term client relationships. Established in 2002, MTech is a true design/build/maintain mechanical contracting firm, and we continuously advocate collaborative and sustainable solutions for our clients and their projects.
MTech Mechanical promotes personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness along with community involvement.
To Apply, please click below:
The Safety Manager will assist and help implement the Company’s safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
A successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Assisting the Safety Department in maintaining the company’s safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA) rules and regulations
• Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other safety related items
• Inspects Company facilities and projects to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented
• Assist in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material for Company use in insurance investigations and other related matters
• Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies
• Conduct employee safety orientation training programs and new hire first day orientations
• Maintain safety records, files, toolbox talks and safety tracking reports
• Accompany all safety, health and insurance inspectors on walks through for jobsites as required
• Assist the investigation of property damage accidents, and prepare required reports
• Assist the Investigation of vehicle damage accidents, and prepare required reports
• Maintain employee training logs and coordinate training needs for all safety related issues
• Maintain and administer safety related tracking and paperwork
• Maintain and administer the Company SDS manuals
• Maintain safety manual, emergency management plan and loss control manual
• Recommend and enforce disciplinary actions against safety policy violators
• Other duties as assigned with 33% of time spent in the office, 33% in the field and 33% of the time spent training
• Regular and predictable attendance is expected in order to meet the requirements of this position
• Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess the following education and experience:
• Basic understanding of safety/health programs and regulations as related to the construction industry
• Basic understanding of the construction industry with minimum of 5 years of safety and training experience
• 4 Year College Degree is required; Bachelor’s degree in safety preferred
• OSHA 10, OSHA 30 required with an OSHA 501 certification preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and outside of MTech Mechanical
• Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
• Must be approved to drive company vehicle per MTech’s Company Vehicle policy
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to train and educate others on safety related matters
• Solid computer skills, Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point along with virtual platforms
• Ability to establish and maintain a working relationship with supervisors, employees, and both internal and external clients
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
• Be able to reach overhead.
• Be able to work a full range of physical activity in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, kneeling and squatting, climbing, walking for extended periods of time.
• Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
• Be able to lift 75 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
• Capable of hearing at a level or correctable to a level where the person is able to receive detailed information through verbal communication. Vision must also be at a level or correctable level where the person has clarity both in short and long distance vision.
This position takes place in a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time. The work environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are reasonable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and may change with or without notice.
MTech Mechanical is an EEO Employer, including disability/vets