Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek — so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Reduces broad concepts, business strategies into structured projects. Leads the design/ delivery of new programs/ processes/ functional solutions; is the key technical contributor. Solves complex, high impact EHS program/ process design, implementation problems within a groundbreaking, growing Agilent business unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical expertise and support in various environmental, health and safety (EHS) disciplines with a concentration on industrial hygiene
- Provides knowledge and advice to develop and support various environmental, health, and safety programs
- Initiates innovative EHS program solutions, designs, and development concepts
- Provides work product reports and conclusions periodically as required by the EHS Manager
- Assists with the management of relationships and performance of vendors, as needed
- Technical specialist to group and business level managers, as needed
- Integral in coordinating activities with other departments including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Validation, Quality Control, etc.
- Bachelors, Masters or other University level degree in a relevant subject area
- 8 + years of meaningful experience to include knowledge of environmental and health and safety law and regulations (emphasis in waste management and air permitting), and the ability to apply such knowledge to specific situations and design programs in compliance with such law/regulation
- Technical knowledge including but not limited to chemistry, biology, anatomy/physiology, physics, process safety management and environmental health strongly preferred
- Capable of leading various projects and use discretion in completing work assignments; while assisting the group in establishing priorities, setting standards and working collectively to accomplish goals and objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of GMP compliance as it applies to assigned tasks
- Results oriented and strong eye for business and the ability to work cross functionally with internal business units, suppliers, vendors and partners
- High emotional intelligence to deal appropriately with emotive and delicate topics
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, inspire change and influence outcomes
- Ability to work collaborate within a matrix organization with a mixed approach including strategic and tactical techniques
- Proficient in handling complex, multifaceted projects, aligning priorities, taking measured risks and appropriate corrective action
- Ability to engage with customer personnel, auditors and regulatory authorities, as needed, to communicate on IH topics and status of WPS maintained systems
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.