CSA Membership and Events Manager
COLORADO SAFETY ASSOCIATIONPOSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Membership and Events Manager
The Membership and Events Manager will be responsible for management and administration of CSA’s member relations to include creating and implementing a comprehensive annual membership campaign to acquire new members and retain and upgrade current members. They will also be responsible for the planning and execution of the annual Rocky Mountain Safety Conference and other key member events throughout the year.
Manage all aspects of member relations:
- Maintain regular member outreach. Develop relationships with current and prospective members.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and recruitment and cultivation of new members, including the creation of new member benefits and regular solicitation of member feedback.
- Maintain accurate and current member databases.
- Update CSA’s website when necessary.
- Ensure high quality records management and customer service for existing and potential members.
- Serve as project manager for the production of membership information delivery and collateral material – including blast e-mails, newsletters, brochures and other publications and mailings.
- Process new membership applications, cancellations and monthly invoicing.
- Manage the content and posting schedule of CSA’s social media accounts together with our 3rd party social media consultant.
- Attend tradeshows and networking/ industry events to solicit new members and program participation.
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting processes for membership and ensure all goals are achieved.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Manage all aspects of conference and event planning:
- Organize and lead a conference committee of 10 volunteers, including agenda preparation, minute generation and acting as committee liaison during meetings and the annual conference.
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for the annual conference, member breakfast and other events as assigned.
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies, coordinate audiovisual equipment & operation.
- Coordinate speaker and staff travel to the event location. Including reserving sleeping rooms and coordinating staff meals.
- Secure speakers and entertainment; review presentations, edit scripts, coordinate schedules.
- Work with venue to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements for each event as necessary.
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Create event sponsorship and exhibitor packages and lead the solicitation and securing of sponsors and exhibitors.
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes.
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event.
- Managing the expenses and profits for the annual conference and annual member breakfast.
- Plan all marketing materials related to the annual conference and annual member breakfast including design and distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum two-years membership and event planning experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and to lead and balance work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- High energy, positive, can‐do attitude, flexibility, teamwork; high degree of initiative required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Power Point.
- CRM and/or LMS experience preferred
- Ability to learn new web-based tools and software including YourMembership, Adobe
Full-time exempt position. Occasional travel within Colorado required. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health, Dental and Disability Insurance
- IRA & Company Matching
- Work Life Balance
- Professional Development
Resumes and inquiries should be directed to Trish Ennis: firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-921-8749