My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced HSE Supervisor for our Denver office, serving projects in Summit to Pitkin Counties.
- Assists with the development and implementation of project-specific HSE plans
- Monitors and enforces PPE compliance with site employees and escalates issues as required
- Performs one formal HSE work site inspection per week (at minimum)
- Implements Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program (SWPPP) and conducts inspections as required
- Assists with the implementation and monitoring of the PSI program and conducts PSI audits
- Develops and assists line management in conducting Worker HSE Orientation Programs
- Assists with the development of safe work practices and job hazard analyses
- Conducts and documents project health, safety, and environment inspections and submits to the project management team and district HSE manager
- Advises project superintendent and district HSE manager promptly of the occurrence of any significant health, safety, or environment incidents
- Assists and/or leads project team in investigation/documentation of incidents
- Coordinates emergency response drills
- Assesses project training requirements and conducts safety training as required.
- In some cases, the HSE supervisor will be required to assess and evaluate third party training providers
- Audits sub-contractor safety programs to ensure compliance with local legislation
- Monitors sub trade safety performance (sub trade safe work practices and job hazard analysis)
- Provides information to project staff on applicable health, safety and environment legislation requirements.
- Directs, supports, and oversees a project or assignment from start-up to successful completion by building a safety culture at each project
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety/Health or related technical discipline is preferred
- Proven experience with OSHA regulations. OSHA 30 is required. ASP/CSP/CHST & OSHA 500 are preferred
- Strong background in safety programs related to construction
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Conflict resolution, specifically the ability to manage and effectively resolve conflict in high pressure situations
- Working knowledge of construction processes and terminology
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Effective working knowledge of applicable safety legislation
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations on safety awareness/topics
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of site safety management experience with direct experience in HSE Including a minimum of 1 year experience directing project level HSE processes
- Willing to relocate to project locations
May provide guidance to junior HSE Coordinator and/or HSE intern
Provides consultation, guidance and training regarding PCL safety procedures, policy and legislative requirements to contractors/sub-trades, project team and direct reports
PCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Employee Status: Regular Full-time
Job Level: Experienced Professional
Company: PCL Construction Services, Inc.
Primary Location: Colorado-Denver
Job Posting: Aug 13, 2018, 8:54:22 PM
Closing Date: Ongoing
Job: HSE Supervisor