Workplace Safety/Industrial Hygiene Expert
INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE EXPERT
Are you looking for a new way to use your knowledge and experience?
Do you want challenge and excitement in your daily work?Do you want to make a difference through your work?
If so, we are looking for a Workplace Safety / Industrial Hygiene Expert, with broad industry experience to provide investigation, analysis, reports and testimony toward the resolution of commercial and personal injury litigation claims.
Review case facts to identify liability issues and responsibilities of parties in litigation for the recognition, evaluation, and control of occupational and environmental safety and health hazards involving chemical and physical agents, indoor air quality (mold and other pollutants) as well as machinery, equipment, products and manufacturing processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, or Engineering, is a minimum requirement.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ varied experience in the recognition, evaluation and control of workplace safety and health hazards.
- Dual CSP and CIH in Comprehensive Practice certifications (both in good standing) are preferable.
- CSP (in good standing with BCSP) or CIH (in good standing with ABIH) is a minimum requirement; with the ability and commitment to obtain the other certification within three years of the hire date.
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) or similar ergonomics credential in good standing is a definite plus.
- Product stewardship experience preparing Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and chemical product warnings is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership and leadership roles in professional organizations such as AIHA, ASSE, BCSP, SCHC, etc.
Current/ past position responsibilities include(d):
- Seasoned professional with broad background in workplace safety and/or casualty insurance loss prevention/control across various industry segments.
- Familiar with interpretation and application of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, including 29 CFR 1910 and 29 CFR 1926.
- Familiarity with the application of standards of care such as American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) and ASTM International (ASTM) to workplace safety and health hazards.
- Experience in recommending and/or developing engineering controls for machine guarding and material handling exposures, principles of industrial ventilation for chemical exposures, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) controls.
- Experience in the development of workplace and chemical product warnings.
Robson Forensic is a multi-discipline forensic engineering firm with offices throughout the U.S. Our experts are seasoned, skilled professionals with impeccable academic and professional credentials working in an aggressive, competitive and serious environment. You can read more about the company at: www.robsonforensic.com.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position, and you meet our minimum requirements, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter (outlining your professional background and expertise) to: