Working Minds- Suicide Prevention in the Workplace
- Working Minds- Suicide Prevention in the Workplace
April 24, 2019
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Deaths by suicide cost the United States $44 billion dollars annually
- More days of work loss and work impairment are caused by mental illness than many other chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, and arthritis.
- In a 3 month period, patients with depression miss an average of 4.8 workdays and suffer 11.5 days of reduced productivity.
- Depression is estimated to cause 400 million lost workdays each year at a cost to employers of $17 to $44 billion
Working Minds Working Minds trains organizations to proactively address the early warning signs of suicide in the workplace. Just as organizations have realized they can help reduce heart disease by encouraging exercise, they can also reduce suicide by promoting mental health and encouraging early identification and intervention.
The Working Minds training is listed on the National Best Practices Registry for suicide prevention. This training will educate and equip businesses with tools to address mental health and suicide concerns within the workplace. Working Minds Training: This 2 hour training gives participants the skills and tools to appreciate the critical need for suicide prevention while creating a forum for dialogue and critical thinking about workplace mental health challenges, and by promoting help-seeking and help-giving.
Venue: Liberty Mutual Office