Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (2nd Shift)
Posted: Jan 21, 2020
JOB TITLE: Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (2nd Shift) DATE: 11/13/2019 REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager EHS & Security DEPT: Quality
APPROVED BY: Chief Operating Officer SUPERVISES: 0
MANAGER’S SIGNATURE: _____________________________________
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for Environmental/Safety/Health/Security and regulatory compliance of 1300+ associates and temps/contractors in the Tower Road Bakery. The Environmental Health, Safety & Security Specialist acts as a resource to all areas of the facility and will ensure compliance to all local, state and federal laws.
This position is also responsible for understanding related Safety & Quality Management Systems including SQF, HACCP, and GMP to ensure safety and quality of employees and products.
A supervisor or other person of authority should be notified if any issues or threats to food safety or food quality are observed.
Reports to: Sr. Manager EHS & Security BACK UP PERSONS
Sr. Manager EHS & Security
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads programs for safety, health and environmental issues for Tower Road’s 1300+ employees during their assigned
- Standardize safety processes, safety policies, and reports
- Develop new strategies to improve management education, accountability, coaching and support
- Develop active and well-focused incentive programs that reward safe behavior and accident prevention
- Assist with management awareness and accountability for safety/health issues within their department/facilities
- Collects data to help maintain OSHA logs and other safety
- Conduct mock OSHA inspections and serve as the regulatory liaison for both safety and environmental regulators
- Drive environmental compliance issues
- Conduct employee training in safety and health
- Administer workers compensation insurance programs
- Maintains emergency action plans for all facilities; schedules and leads all weather and evacuation drills.
- Ensures fires suppressions systems are adequate for each facility and inspections are
- Handles first responder situations for workers compensation issues and completes accident, injury and near misses investigations.
- Manage on site Security for facilities
- Reviews changes to safety laws and safety requirements in order to recommend appropriate actions to ensure company compliance.
- Reviews and researches new safety developments including new technology that would improve operations and reduce losses. Makes appropriate recommendations to management.
- Investigates and provides company response to all regulatory complaints/inquiries. Ensures appropriate action/corrective action is identified and completed in a timely manner.
- Works with unit to secure full regulatory compliance in all cases, at all times.
- Regularly attends and participates in various meetings and briefings while in region’s units.
- Participates (when possible) in regulatory agency inspections/audits, and develops and implements corrective actions. Maintains all records pertaining to regulatory and SRO requirements with regard to these inspections.
- Understands the management of Safety & Quality Management Systems and is familiar with SQF, HACCP, and GMP practices which help ensure the safety within the workplace and the production of a safe and quality product(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of environmental/safety/health/security experience
- Bachelor of Science in Safety, Occupational Health, or related experience
- Strong working knowledge managing multiple spreadsheets and word processing documents such as MS office is required.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Requires strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Environmental regulations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to train associates at all levels of the organization
- Must work well with others in a team atmosphere
- Must be able to understand and respond to a diverse population
- Must have strong multi-tasking skills
- Computer literacy including specialized databases and programs used to manage safety and security at all sites
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to work in a production environment for extended periods of time, including stooping, standing, bending.
- Use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend.
- Employee must lift up to 50 pounds and is required to ask for assistance if limit is exceeded.
- Must be able to keep eyes focused on a conveyor belt for a maximum five hours at one time.
- Must be able to work in a food allergens environment.
- Working environment provides exposure to environmental changes (heat, cold, dampness, and chemicals).
To apply, here is the link: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=SROriginals&l&advn=6286283352456468&vjk=d89e09fe98c6f270