Project Safety Coordinator
Posted: Feb 12, 2019
Project Safety Coordinator
Kraemer North America, LLC, a national heavy-civil contractor, has an opening for a Project Safety Coordinator for a variety of projects in the Denver, CO area. This position will be responsible for Managing the Safety program, by providing leadership and technical direction to operations regarding issues of safety and health, by evaluating the effectiveness of the project safety program and making recommendation for improving safety performance when and where necessary to ensure that a culture of safe production is effectively sustained.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with field supervision to assess and document work practices to ensure that Kraemer policies and procedures are supported by management and practiced by employees. Follow up, and assist with corrective action process to ensure that hazards are effectively eliminated and/or controlled in support of our Safe Production culture.
- Coordinate and conducts Kraemer and Owner New Hire Orientation Programs and other safety-related training as needed in accordance with Kraemer policies and procedures.
- Act as the project’s representative in all areas of occupational safety and health and assist project management in Work Activity Planning and the effective implementation of Kraemer’s Safety and Health Programs.
- Develops Accident Prevention Plans for projects.
- Monitors site conditions, including air quality, illumination, wind speed, ventilation, and dust.
- Ensures a proactive approach to safety by communicating safety-related issues through monthly and weekly safety updates, memos, and staff meetings.
- Assists applying industrial hygiene procedures, techniques, and documentation of work practices to protect employees’ health and safety.
- Investigate serious incidents of loss in conjunction with management/staff to determine root causes and necessary corrective action to prevent reoccurrence in accordance with Kraemer’s Incident Analysis and Reporting Program.
- Integrates behavioral based safety practices and assists in providing the leadership for the Safe Production culture.
- Administers and ensures compliance with Kraemer Safety Programs.
- Assists Kraemer personnel with safety related issues.
- Identify and provide and/or coordinate required training with assistance of the Regional Safety Manager.
- Analyze incidents of loss and statistical information, and provide management with recommendations for improved performance.
- Work with the Risk Analyst, Safety Director, Safety Managers, and Project Managers to facilitate Kraemer Incident Analysis and Reporting, Medical Case Management, and Crisis Management programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Previous safety experience in construction industry required
- 1-7 years of experience
- Sound knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, and FRA regulations.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field with extensive coursework and/or expertise in risk management and loss control, construction management, industrial hygiene, and behavioral based safety.
- A professional safety degree – Associated Safety Professional (ASP), or Construction Safety & Health Technician (CSHT).
- OCIP and Insurance experience.
Kraemer is proud to provide a stable and challenging work environment with the opportunity for personal growth in a family centered company. We realize that the core strength of our Company is the individuals that we employ and we are proud to employ some of the most talented individuals in the construction industry.
In addition to over 100 years of construction experience, Kraemer has recently joined the Obayashi Corporation global family of companies. This strategic partnership will allow Kraemer to utilize Obayashi’s considerable experience, technology and financial strength to participate in a greater number of projects of all sizes across the United States.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Discretionary Bonus
- Dependent Care and Health Care Reimbursement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Sick Pay
- Educational Assistance
- Computer Purchase Program