Posted: Mar 26, 2019
Stolle Machinery Co, LLC Job Posting – EHS Specialist
Stolle Machinery Company, LLC is a world-class manufacturer of two-piece can machinery and high speed equipment. Stolle offers innovation and sense of purpose, allowing employees to be creative within a team oriented environment. Stolle is currently seeking an EHS Specialist to join the organization. We are looking for an individual with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, PPE reimbursement, 401k, company paid LTD/STD, company paid life and AD&D insurance, paid holidays and more!
JOB SUMMARY (the purpose and general nature of the job): Under the guidance of the Senior Director of the Human Resources Department, the EHS Specialist will provide technical expertise in environmental, health, and safety (EHS) to the leadership and employees at the Stolle Machinery Centennial and Englewood locations. The EHS Specialist will monitor processes, conduct related training activities, and coordinate with management, consultants and service providers as needed.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following:
- Investigate workplace accidents; review and evaluate reports, noting hazards and violations, and prescribe corrective action.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and programs.
- Deliver presentations, training sessions, or instruction to management and employees.
- Assist in conducting new hire and follow-up safety training for Centennial and Englewood locations.
- Evaluate training needs and schedule specialty or management safety training needs.
- Document and present various metrics measurements to management.
- Communicate policy information to existing employees and new hires.
- Serve as an advocate for the continuous improvement of comprehensive EHS processes, procedures and programs; effectively communicate challenges, successes, and areas of concern with management when potential hazards and risks are identified.
- Facilitate steering committees, and advise supervisors and management on the best methods to resolve EHS concerns including engineering controls, work practice controls, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Evaluate and analyze trends and barriers to performance of safe work and identify root causes of incidents. Develop actions plans to control or eliminate organizational barriers and/or hazards in the workplace.
- Conduct workplace audits and inspections to identify and alleviate environmental factors and stresses affecting the health and safety of employees; conduct ergonomic or other specific assessments; recommend equipment procedures, assignments, or other actions to alleviate identified problems or concerns.
- Interpret new regulations, determine their applicability to organization procedures and standards and devise strategies and procedures for compliance.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related discipline is preferred; OSHA and other safety training a plus.
5 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred, relevant degree major and certifications may be considered in place of experience. Proficient computer skills are preferred, specifically with Microsoft products including SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
Strong training and coaching skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Stolle Machinery Co, LLC retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.Additionally, Stolle Machinery Co, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please apply online at https://www.stollemachinery.com/en/careers.