Safety Manager, Asphalt Specialties
Posted: Apr 09, 2020
Asphalt Specialties Co., Inc. is a Colorado family owned corporation. We specialize in meeting individual customer needs while providing quality products and services throughout the Front Range of Colorado. We supply a full range of building materials including aggregate, asphalt and aggregate recycled products.
Currently we are seeking an experienced Safety Manager. As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety program for our sand and gravel, recycling and asphalt production facilities.
The basic responsibilities of a Safety Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Ensures project/departmental goals are met and adhering to company policies
- Manages the Accident/Incident Investigation process; assists managers in investigation & documentation. Follows corrective actions to completion in a timely manner and handles workers’ compensation claims
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field with 3-5 years’ experience in safety manager role in a construction environment.
- Thorough knowledge of state OSHA safety, state DEQ and Federal EPA regulations and requirements
- Experience in developing and delivering comprehensive safety training programs.
- Ability to work with employees and managers to address safety issues within the work environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal. (Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus)
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work.
- Demonstrates strong and positive leadership skills and an ability to work effectively with employees at every level of the organization.
- Ability to travel between facilities within Colorado. Ability to flex work schedule based on company priorities.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills in MS office suite; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Excellent compensation package and benefits package offered. Interested candidates may send a resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may apply in person at the address below:
Apply in person Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at:
Asphalt Specialties Co., Inc.
10100 Dallas St., Henderson, CO 80640
Asphalt Specialties is an Equal Opportunity Employer